Tech Convergence Will Spur Demand for New ADAS Technology

SXSW Thoughts





Hi all,

It was great to participate at this year's SXSW Interactive. I was on a panel called "What If Your Phone Had 5 Senses?", alongside Ted Power and Nicholas Jitkoff from Google, and Matt Biddulph of Nokia. There was a pretty robust discussion, and (no surprise!) it seemed to me like the main thesis that emerged was that a variety of sensors will be integrated to form a foundation of "awareness" upon which new types of displays, including pico projectors and eyewear, can be placed to form a totally new user interface, and a new way of experiencing the internet.

A lot to get through in a one hour talk! But familiar and fun territory, and it was enjoyable for me to learn from my co-panelists and to share my perspectives with them and with attendees. Be sure to check out the story below from KXAN, Austin's NBC station, about the event, and here's a link to some of the panel's buzz on Twitter.

Austin is just a great city and although I overdid it a little on the ribs, I'm excited for my next chance to visit. Big thanks to Ted Power of Google for the invitation to participate!

Comments